Alec Christie is a partner in the Intellectual Property & Technology Group at DLA Piper Australia, Sydney office, specialising in providing advice and solutions in Australia and the Asia Pacific region in relation to privacy/data protection, data security, Big Data, electronic marketing/SPAM, the use of Web 2.0/social media for business/marketing, IT (in particular focusing on cloudcomputing), e-commerce and information law.
Alec has been recognised as a "Leading Lawyer" in the IT and IP practice areas every year since 1998. Alec has also been honoured in:
- Chambers Global publication The World's Leading Lawyers as "superb--a genuine regional expert"
- Asia Pacific Legal 500 as "probably one of the best lawyers in his field", "brilliant", having "a wide range of knowledge of IT/IP issues both in Australia and globally" and "a Cloud computing and data privacy expert"
- Leading Lawyers as "a sought-after IT lawyer in Australia, he's a highly pragmatic professional who assisted us in getting a very commercial result"
- Australasian Legal Business Guide to Technology as "the primary partner mentioned for IT work, and --highly regarded"
- Who's Who Legal as one of Australia's leading Information Technology lawyers, a "distinguished practitioner - lauded by clients for his excellent advisory work in privacy".
Contributions by Alec Christie
Managing and Certifying Privacy Operations With the New ISO 27701
Speaker at IAPP Asia Privacy Forum 2019
- Speaker at IAPP Academy 2012
Cloud computing Under Australian privacy law
The Privacy Advisor
- Speaker at Global Privacy Summit 2014