Yann Padova is a newly appointed commissioner with France's Commission on the Regulation of Energy. Most recently he was senior counsel at Baker McKenzie SCP (2012-2015). He has extensive experience in dealing with issues pertaining to internet law, data privacy protection, internet surveillance, applicable law, whistleblowing and cloud computing. He also advises in the field of compliance disputes. From 2006 to 2012, Yann Padova was Secretary General of France's Data Protection Agency, the CNIL. The CNIL is the independent data protection authority that enforces regulations applicable to the safeguard of personal information.
Contributions by Yann Padova
Analysis: France’s GDPR implementation law
Build Your Own Privacy Professional!
Speaker at IAPP Europe Data Protection Congress 2015
Ask the Enforcers: Mobile and Multi-screen Privacy in 2015 and Beyond
Speaker at Global Privacy Summit 2015
“Right To Be Forgotten” Versus Freedom of Speech: Search Engines in Turmoil
The Privacy Advisor
- Speaker at IAPP Data Protection Congress 2011
- Speaker at IAPP Data Protection Congress 2010
- Speaker at IAPP Global Privacy Summit 2010
- Speaker at IAPP Global Privacy Summit 2009
- Speaker at IAPP Global Privacy Summit 2008
- Speaker at IAPP Data Protection Intensive 2013
- Speaker at IAPP Data Protection Congress 2013