Backed by ANSI/ISO accreditation, a CIPP/US credential delivers higher earning potential and increased promotion opportunities because it shows you have a strong understanding of U.S. privacy laws and regulations.
New CPE Policy coming in Spring 2018. Learn more.
OUR FIRST AND MOST POPULAR CERTIFICATION, THE CIPP/US
IS HELD BY THOUSANDS OF PRIVACY PROS AROUND THE WORLD.
As the global gold standard for privacy professionals, the CIPP/US certification is a key industry benchmark among top employers.
We regularly update our programs to stay current with major privacy topics. So you know you’re ahead of the competition when it comes to the latest developments in the field.
Certified Information Privacy
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Introduction to the U.S. Privacy Environment
- Limits on Private-sector Collection and Use of Data
- Government and Court Access to Private-sector Information
- Workplace Privacy
- State Privacy Laws
The CIPP/US body of knowledge outlines all the concepts and topics you need to know to become certified. We also provide an exam blueprint that gives the approximate number of questions from each topic area on the exam.
Here are our top five reasons why IAPP certification and training are sure to advance your organization.
- The CIPP is the global industry standard for professionals entering and working in the field of privacy.
- Achieving a CIPP/US credential demonstrates understanding of a principles-based framework and knowledge base in information privacy within the U.S. context.
- You’ll be recognized as part of an elite group of knowledgeable, capable and dedicated privacy and data protection practitioners.
- Holding a CIPP/US designation elevates your leadership profile among your colleagues.
- The CIPP/US is a key benchmark among top employers for hiring and promoting privacy professionals.
Still have questions? Read the IAPP Certification Information Candidate Handbook to find out everything you ever wanted to know about IAPP certification.