Mandatory Continuing Legal Education
Mandatory continuing legal education (MCLE) is a requirement of many U.S. state bar associations and applies to attorneys and legal professionals licensed to practice law in jurisdictions within the U.S. See the list of MCLE approvals by state.
We’ve sought accreditation for this event in jurisdictions with MCLE, and 24.75 hours of MCLE are possible.
To Get Credit:
- During online registration: Log in to your IAPP account and add your state(s) of licensure to your profile. Let us know that you intend to apply for CLE credits.
- Throughout the conference: For each session you attend that you’d like credit for, have your name badge scanned when you enter. NY and NJ licensed attorneys will also need their badges scanned when leaving each session.
- Post-conference: We’ll email you an electronic MCLE application for you to complete and submit. We’ll report attendance in states where we are required to do so.
Attorneys licensed in MD and the District of Columbia aren’t required to maintain CLE credits. If that’s you, then there’s no need to submit an MCLE application. Special instructions apply for NY and PA.
Important: Each state has its own MCLE rules and regulations, including its own definition of MCLE. As a result, certain IAPP programs may not receive credit in some states.
Continuing Privacy Education—New, Efficient Process!
If you’re looking for continuing privacy education (CPE) credits, this conference qualifies.
You are no longer required to self-report CPEs from IAPP conferences. Instead, the maximum allowed credits for workshops, privacy training or the main conference you attend will automatically be applied to each designation you hold.
Available credits at the Summit:
(Note: Credits will be applied to each designation you hold. If you hold multiple designations, credits will be applied to all.)
- Main Conference: 12 Group A CPEs
- Workshop: 3.5 Group A CPEs per half-day workshop (7 per daylong workshop)
- IAPP Privacy Training (you must be certified at time of training): 13 CPEs per class
IAPP certification exams and networking activities don’t count for CPEs. If your credits do not appear on your CPE Summary within 30 days after the event, please contact us at email@example.com.
Read our official CPE policy.