The VP Privacy is responsible for the development and execution of CIT’s privacy program and coordinating with business functions to meet these obligations. A successful candidate will be knowledgeable on a range of Privacy topics and skilled at driving execution with cross-functional business teams.
- Understanding the applicable data and privacy laws and regulations that apply to the Company and advising on those requirements;
- Promoting awareness of, and compliance with, privacy requirements, and working cross-functionally with the first line of defense to implement privacy policies and to ensure that the appropriate privacy protections are in place;
- Overseeing the adequacy of privacy controls within consumer-facing business lines;
- Assisting the consumer businesses in the development of effective privacy procedures and conducting periodic reviews of the procedures when necessary;
- Supporting triage efforts when unencrypted personally identifiable information is compromised and make any determinations on breach notification with the Law Department; and
- Supporting the development of the framework and content of the Company’ Privacy Program training.
- At least 5 years' experience in the privacy profession with an in-depth knowledge of privacy and data security laws, including, but not limited to, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, California Consumer Privacy Act, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and CAN-SPAM; CIPP certification preferred.
- Law degree and/or graduate degree in general business, public policy, or regulatory compliance.
Application Submission Information:
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org