- Act as lead contact on data protection and privacy in the US.
- Have day-to-day contact for all data protection queries and issues within the business, working within the legal team and closely with the compliance team.
- Negotiate data protection terms arising from 3rd party engagements and consumer marketing, including commercial contracts, data transfers, customer terms
- Provide strategic counsel on consumer and employee data practices, vendor and technology agreements and website and data collection for Endeavor’s initiatives.
- Advise business and fellow legal departments on privacy law compliance and requirements, in a timely and pragmatic way
- Help with and support with the design of the global data privacy program
- Support business and corporate functions on the mitigation of data privacy risks
- Advise on the requirements and restrictions for international transfer of personal data
- Monitoring and providing advice on implementation of new privacy laws and regulations impacting the company’s business
- Assist as subject matter expert in drafting training and communications materials for delivery to employees and third parties; conduct in person and teleconference trainings for highest risk business divisions and functions as needed
- Conduct appropriate data privacy due diligence of and advise business regarding integration planning for new acquisitions and significant investments
Skills and Experience
- Excellent technical knowledge of data privacy law, including social media and data commercialization legal issues, cyber and insider threat (prevention, detection and incident response).
- Working knowledge of international data privacy laws, particularly in the EU and Asia.
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating commercial transactions, privacy policies and other legal agreements.
- JD with 5-7 years of career focus on privacy laws and regulations and member in good standing of CA or NY bar.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of current data protection legislation and GDPR.
- The preferred candidate holds a privacy certification.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Managing relationships, engaging with senior stakeholders and an ability to solve problems creatively and effectively across multiple geographies and departments.
Application Submission Information: