The Senior Privacy Consultant has direct client-facing responsibility for managing data privacy projects around the world. Successful candidates will be a privacy subject matter expert, keeping current on industry activities and emerging technologies affecting both consumer and employee privacy. The Senior Privacy Consultant may also be called upon to advance the overall brand and group through authoring articles and white papers, presenting to industry groups at conferences and participating in webinars. Flexibility and initiative are important, as specific work assignments will vary (sometimes wildly) based on rapidly evolving client needs. The position will be in TrustArc's Privacy Consulting Group and will be contracted on a project-by-project basis. The role may be based anywhere, however travel to our San Francisco headquarters will be necessary 1-2 times a year as is regular availability during US and EU business hours.
We are especially interested in consultants with specific expertise in the following areas: Latin American Privacy, IT security risk management, HR, financial services, and health care.
- Take ownership of client relationships, and manage consulting engagements from prospecting, defining SOWs, leading project kick-offs, drafting and presenting findings reports and risk analyses
- Serve as subject matter resource on privacy law and policy matters and provide input into defining and building new consulting offerings
- Identify and provide analysis of new and existing consumer privacy, employee privacy, and other relevant data and consumer protection laws
- Author articles and white papers on topics relating to data privacy
- Present topics relating to data privacy management practices to industry groups at conferences
- Participate in webinars on topics relating to data privacy
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; advanced degree a plus
- 7-10 years in data privacy management; minimum 3 years of client-facing consulting practice
- Professional Certification: CIPP required or able to be obtained within 6 months. Additional CIPP or other complimentary certifications (CISSP) are a strongly favored.
- Good working knowledge of major US, Canadian, EU, LATAM and APAC privacy laws
- Self-management abilities and leadership are required
- Excellent customer services skills
- Exceptional communication skills, good facilitator, capable of producing quality documentation, organized, good customer relationship skills. Able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Confidence to speak up and challenge ideas and propose alternatives; desire to constantly seek and offer constructive feedback
- Energy and enthusiasm to be part of a growing organization working in a complex discipline
- Solid public speaking/presentation skills
- Able to travel up to 33%
- Ability to multi-task and context-shift; ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a fast-paced, driven team
TrustArc powers privacy compliance and risk management with integrated technology, consulting and TRUSTe certification solutions – addressing all phases of privacy program management. Our new name, TrustArc, reflects our evolution from a certification company into a global provider of technology powered privacy compliance and risk management solutions. The foundation for our solutions is the TrustArc Privacy Platform which provides a flexible, scalable, and secure way to manage privacy. Our technology platform, fortified through six years of operating experience across a wide range of industries and client use cases, along with our services, leverage deep privacy expertise and proven methodologies which we have continuously enhanced through thousands of client projects over the past two decades. Headquartered in San Francisco, and backed by a global team, we help over 1,000 clients worldwide demonstrate compliance, minimize risk, and build trust.
What makes working here so great?
Conveniently located above a BART station and right next to a major mall and countless amazing restaurants, TrustArc thrives in an exciting location. At TrustArc, you’ll enjoy regular catered lunches, endless snacks, a culture focused on learning/growth, giving back, healthy activities, and fun! We have regular events like themed happy hours and an annual Giants game as well as learning events and other opportunities to engage in an emerging industry.
Application Submission Information: