Facebook seeks a highly-motivated and experienced professional to serve as a Regulatory Information Governance Specialist. The position is located in the eDiscovery & Information Governance Team within Facebook’s Legal Department. The Regulatory Information Governance Specialist will work with partners across the company to support regulatory documentation needs as well as play a key role in developing regulatory information governance policies and best practices.
Detailed Position Description:
The ideal candidate is an experienced project manager with privacy knowledge and can work closely with teams throughout Facebook to guide and advise on regulatory information governance issues. The Regulatory Information Governance Specialist will have the opportunity to work with legal and business partners to develop world-class and cutting-edge solutions to regulatory documentation challenges. The candidate should have great intellectual curiosity and a desire to invest time and energy into learning and growing as a subject matter expert. The candidate should have the ability to work proactively with teams to build consensus across the organization, including legal, IT and security. In addition, excellent judgment and comfort operating independently in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Meaningfully contribute to the development and execution of the strategic plans for the regulatory documentation strategy across the company
- Develop end-to-end complex project plans on behalf of cross-functional partners and stakeholders to create agendas, prioritize and communicate project requirements, track action items and milestones, and ensure on-time delivery of critical initiatives
- Partner with Facebook product teams, engineers, Information Security, and Legal to update and ensure the accuracy of regulatory documentation, such as data inventories, privacy risk assessments, and regulatory correspondence to ensure they meet the high standards set by the team
- Contribute to the design and implementation of information governance and privacy documentation best practices including scalable policies, templates, processes, tools and workflows to solve complex Information Governance and Privacy documentation issues, manage risk, and increase operational value and efficiency
- Rapidly identify, analyze and address complicated issues, and distill that complexity into simple and concise communication in cross-functional settings
- Work collaboratively with the eDiscovery and Information Governance Team members, Facebook legal and policy team members, business partners, outside counsel, and vendors
- Assist with tool evaluation and selection
- Willingness to accommodate early morning meetings to work with colleagues in EU time zones
- 4+ years of Information Governance & Privacy experience
- Experience in global data protection legislation, including GDPR and CCPA
- Experience with project management and privacy or compliance tools
- Project management experience with complex data projects
- Experience working cross-functionally across a company
- Professional services background including client consulting experience
- In-house technology company experience and experience adapting quickly in diverse, evolving environments
- Strategic thinker with analytical and problem-solving experience
- Experience working under pressure, both individually and in a team environment
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Application Submission Information:
Please apply at: https://www.facebook.com/careers/jobs/513167316293770/