This position is the subject matter expert and serves as the custodian of records for Colorado Open records Act (CORA) requests and is responsible for other compliance and privacy considerations within information governance.
Salary Range: $60,135 - $100,225
RTD Employee Benefits: https://www.rtd-denver.com/careers/benefits
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organizes, creates, administers and maintains a system framework and procedures to ensure compliance with the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA).
- Coordinates with IT, Legal Services, and Risk Management to create and administer policies and procedures for the prevention or mitigation of information privacy-based risk to the organization.
- Identifies and reduces information privacy-related risk by authoring and implementing policies, procedures, training, and effective mitigation plans for the handling and transfer of data.
- All job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or library sciences related field, or equivalent, with specialized course work or certification in Information Governance, Enterprise Content Management, Records Management, and/or Privacy.
- A minimum of five years of experience in legal, records management or a document management environment, public information requests, federal & state privacy requirements, and compliance program management.
- Certified Records Manager (CRM); Information Governance Professional (IGP); Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US), or related certification preferred.
- Proficiency in business functions; function and practice; vital records theory and practice; business documentation processes; privacy and confidentiality requirements for obtaining, using, processing, storing and disposing of all information types; workflow methodology; and identifying the potential historic, intrinsic, or enduring value of information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to use sound judgment and maintain the strictest of confidentiality.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities.
RTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy [https://www.rtd-denver.com/sites/default/files/files/2019-10/RTD-EEO-policy-statement-2019_0.pdf]
Application Submission Information: