Focal Point Data Risk is a new type of risk management firm, one that delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of service offerings. Focal Point has brought together industry-leading expertise in cyber security, identity governance and access management, data privacy and analytics, internal audit, and hands-on training services, giving companies everything they need to plan and develop effective risk and security programs. By integrating these services, we provide our clients with the flexible support they need to protect and leverage data across any part of their organization. Simply put, Focal Point is the next generation of risk management.
Our Privacy team has developed and implemented data privacy and information security programs for some of the nation’s largest and most complex organizations. Our clients represent industries in both the public and private sectors, including government agencies, domestic and global technology firms, global retail chains, financial services firms, and healthcare organizations. As a Privacy Team Manager, you will work with other talented privacy and information security professionals that come from a variety of professional and technical backgrounds including internal/ external audit, information security, legal professions, and consulting. The day-to-day of a Privacy Team Manager is fast paced and filled with many opportunities to meet your professional and career goals under the guidance of a leadership team dedicated to helping you meet those goals. We are looking for versatile and solution-minded individuals who are eager to take on new challenges as we continue to change the privacy and information security landscape.
- Leads small teams effectively, managing multiple projects and providing meaningful feedback in a timely manner. Updates leadership on issues and progress of solutions.
- Performs privacy and/or security reviews including regulatory and industry assessments (HIPAA, GLBA, NIST, etc.), risk analyses, information inventory and data mapping, vendor management assessments, and additional privacy or security compliance related projects.
- Documents assessment results and prepares project deliverables that reflect analysis and observations to be communicated to client management.
- Researches, evaluates and communicates client privacy requirements and identifies current posture against these requirements to internal team and clients.
- Contributes to the development of the team’s assessment methodologies that help increase efficiencies.
- Develops and implements security and privacy awareness training materials.
- Leads and supports clients in incident response management, including incident investigation, fact-gathering and documentation, and regulatory or state breach notification procedures.
- Actively participates in the local privacy community (e.g., LinkedIn, local events, online forums), and assists in creating data privacy white papers on hot topics and current events that will provide guidance to current and potential clients.
- Supervise team of consultants and senior consultants during client engagements
- 4+ years of privacy, security, information technology audit or compliance program experience
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Organized, responsive, and able to gain support and consensus from team members and client management
- Familiar with local and global privacy and compliance standards, such as HIPAA, GLBA, NIST, and the GDPR
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- BA or BS degree
- CIPP or other certifications a plus
Travel Required: Regional and international travel, as needed, up to 35%
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, generous PTO and some other great perks!
Application Submission Information: