Lead privacy-related programs and initiatives in a multinational environment: advising internal clients on the various legal risks, obligations, and other issues related to privacy.
It reports into our Chief Privacy Officer and leads a small team of privacy lawyers.
- Providing practical, timely, strategic, and high-quality legal advice and counsel on global privacy related matters across Amadeus. This includes working closely, collaborating, and coordinating with colleagues in the Legal Department in all regions, as well as key business stakeholders, to advise on applicable privacy and data protection laws, regulations and guidelines affecting Amadeus' business.
- Advising on best practices and compliance with global privacy and data protection laws, as well as overseeing legal and regulatory aspects of data collection and use, privacy disclosures and transparency, and related issues. Evaluating the impact of legislative, regulatory, and industry proposals.
- Advising on potential liability and other legal aspects related to data privacy and data security incidents and supporting Amadeus's privacy and cybersecurity incident response programs, including supporting the investigation of potential incidents, identifying applicable legal obligations, and supporting incident response efforts.
- Providing extensive legal support for the strategic reviewing, drafting, and/or negotiating of privacy and data security terms in contracts with business partners and vendors, (including data processing agreements and data transfer agreements), including in areas related to partnerships, acquisitions, integrations, and other business development opportunities.
- Supporting the development and delivery of privacy training materials and other communications to increase employee understanding of Company privacy policies, data handling practices and procedures and legal obligations.
- Developing and maintaining a streamlined and consistent approach for the Legal Department in advising administration and business partners (considering local laws and practices as may be appropriate) on privacy matters.
- Retaining, supervising, and instructing outside counsel effectively and efficiently managing legal expenses consistent with the assigned budget.
- Working collaboratively with a broad range of people and cultures throughout the organization to develop and maintain excellent working relationships across all Business Units and functional areas to facilitate a business partner-based approach.
- Managing internal compliance programs and processes to ensure we meet our obligations under those programs.
- Interfacing with internal partners and clients regarding Amadeus products, policies, practices, and guidelines. Collaborate with legal teams and other teams to evaluate new and existing products and features to ensure compliance with privacy requirements.
We are looking for someone who is diligent, proactive, practical, and has demonstrated excellent legal and business judgment and strategic thinking. Ideally, this person should also have strong technical understanding. Candidates should work well in teams and demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Law degree and qualified to practice law in at least one European jurisdiction.
- At least 12 years of experience in privacy, including the practical application of privacy processes and requirements, obtained in-house in a legal department of a multinational corporation, preferably publicly traded and European based and/or at a top tier law firm.
- Deep knowledge of current European data protection laws and regulatory processes, the legal and operational requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Strong experience negotiating complex commercial contracts, evaluating privacy impacts relating to acquisitions and partnerships, and updates to internal and external policies and compliance programs.
- Excellent ability to grasp legal issues quickly, strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills, exercise sound judgment and provide practical and constructive legal advice in a time-sensitive exciting and enthusiastic complex global environment.
- Thorough organization, facilitation, negotiation, communication, and presentation skills in English (both oral and written). Ability to communicate legal issues in a clear and understandable manner. Inspires trust and confidence through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and innovative approach to problem solving. Talent for thinking creatively in confronting new issues and pursuing novel approaches to old problems.
- Excellent work ethic and ability to guide large workload, multi-task, focus on critical priorities, and otherwise effectively meet client needs. Ability to produce high quality work under deadline pressures.
- Team player, collaborative, and able to develop relationships, both internally and externally, on a global scale.
- Excellent organization and teamwork skills. Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to motivate others.
- A strong commitment to integrity and trust and demonstrated passion for excellence.
Application Submission Information: