Finastra unlocks the potential of people and businesses in finance, creating a platform for open innovation. Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, we provide the broadest portfolio of financial services software in the world today—spanning retail banking, transaction banking, lending, and treasury and capital markets. Our solutions enable customers to deploy mission critical technology on premises or in the cloud. Our scale and geographical reach means that we can serve customers effectively, regardless of their size or geographic location—from global financial institutions, to community banks and credit unions. Through our open, secure and reliable solutions, customers are empowered to accelerate growth, optimize cost, mitigate risk and continually evolve to meet the changing needs of their customers. 48 of the world’s top 50 banks use Finastra technology.
What will you contribute?
Reporting to the Principal, Privacy, the Privacy Program Specialist will play a key role in supporting Finastra’s privacy program for the Americas region to ensure Finastra’s continued compliance with privacy and data protection laws.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding and knowledge of privacy and data protection laws and regulations, together with strong analytical skills to enable compliance with those regulatory requirements for a global company.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing global Fintech company which supports key financial institutions and multinationals. This role will be attractive to an individual that likes diversity and the ability to engage in a range of key initiatives across the organization as it relates to privacy. The role includes involvement in key business projects, management, mitigation and response to potential data breaches and advising the business as to how business processes, services and products need to evolve to meet upcoming changes to privacy laws.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your responsibilities as a Privacy Program Specialist will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supports the Principal Privacy and wider team with global initiatives related to protecting the personal data of customers, employees, and consumers.
- Stay informed of external developments, global privacy laws and regulations and industry best practices.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to the business in relation to data protection and privacy laws.
- Develop and drive procedures to align with existing privacy governance framework.
- Responsible for breach management and will act as the first point of escalation for privacy incidents for Finastra’s operations.
- Develop and maintain privacy dashboards, incident metrics and additional metrics that support the privacy program.
- Manage, prepare and deliver privacy data analytics and modeling.
- Initiate, facilitate and promote activities to foster privacy awareness within the organization.
- Collaborate with legal, information security, physical security, risk and other key stakeholders within Finastra to advance privacy initiatives and protect personal information.
- Provide support and guidance to internal and external clients on regulatory compliance and privacy issues.
- Maintain personal data inventories and cross-border flows.
- Partner with business units to execute privacy impact assessments.
- Conduct vendor due diligence and provide reports.
- Conduct customer contract reviews.
- Work closely with appropriate teams to enhance governance, controls and documentation, and address findings.
- Ability to travel to other Finastra locations, as required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in privacy, compliance, and operational risk management.
- Certifications such as CIPP strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent professional work experience.
- Privacy experience (such as privacy law, privacy regulations, data protection standards, and privacy program management).
- Excellent drafting, analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience drafting privacy and data protection policies preferred.
- Experience working with data protection authorities, preferred.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of executives including industry stakeholders.
- Team player.
- Ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously, with strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and respond to emergencies, and organize work effectively.
Application Submission Information: