Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Legal & Regulatory Affairs & General Counsel; the Privacy Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of Availity’s Privacy Program (including Privacy by Design) within the organization. This person will be responsible for the evaluation of new processes, services, products, and third-party vendors for privacy risks. This teammate will be critical to the execution of proactive components of Availity’s Privacy Program, working diligently to anticipate privacy risks and establish measures to not only ensure privacy compliance, but add business value and enhance client trust. The Privacy Manager will be tasked with ensuring that privacy remains a key consideration in business decisions and product development.
To be qualified for this position, you:
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in healthcare privacy compliance with a keen understanding of risks and controls.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of HIPAA Privacy Rule requirements.
- Must have experience supporting and understanding an Agile Technology Company.
- Must have experience with leading incident management responses.
- Must have experience reviewing and understanding complex laws, regulations and guidelines and applying them to business practices.
- Must have general Privacy Program experience
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication as you will be responsible for communicating with our customers regarding any incidents that impact them.
You will set yourself apart if:
- You have certifications around Privacy and/or Compliance.
- You have Privacy by Design experience.
What you will be doing:
- You will be responsible for monitoring and communicating the status of data privacy compliance across all areas including process, policy, and technology.
- Supporting the ongoing development and implementation of a comprehensive enterprise-wide privacy program within the enterprise.
- Interacting with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications to new or existing software in support of privacy requirements.
- Interfacing with other developers and architects in implementing data solutions that enable the business to be data driven while protecting the data assets.
- Serving as the Privacy representative in internal cross-functional and cross-sector teams and meetings, and provide advice to the business teams on new projects and products.
- Serving as a subject matter expert resource for HIPAA and state privacy laws and regulations.
- Collaborating with departmental management to implement procedures, controls, and policies to facilitate privacy compliance.
- Maintaining current knowledge of HIPAA and state legal and regulatory requirements and guidance and industry standards.
- Assisting in creating and updating Privacy departmental policies.
- Assisting in the coordination and timely response of audits performed by regulatory agencies or payors related to HIPAA.
- Assisting in Third Party Services vetting process to facilitate business associate and third-party HIPAA compliance.
- Evangelizing the privacy by design program values and significance across the development organizations.
- Supporting privacy incident management activities including intake, escalation, and investigation.
Why work at Availity:
- Availity has recently been named a certified “Great Place to Work”! Culture is important to us and there are many ways for you to make your mark here!
- We have several Diversity & Inclusion teams, a Young Professionals Group, a She Can Code IT group for women in tech, and various social groups.
- Availity is a culture of continuous learning. We have many resources and experts in our tech stack and in our industry that can help get you there too!
- Don’t feel like wearing business attire? Cool, you can wear jeans – we are a casual work place.
- We offer a competitive salary, bonus structure, generous HSA company contribution, and a 401k match program that is vested on day one!
- We offer unlimited PTO for salaried associates + 9 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday. Hourly associates start at 19 days of PTO and go up from there with all the same holiday benefits.
- Interested in health? We will reward you for your wellness, up to $300/year in reimbursements.
- Interested in furthering your education? We offer education reimbursement!
- Availity offers Paid Parental Leave for both moms and dads, both birth parents and adoptive parents.
- Want to work for an organization that gives back to the community? You’re at the right place! Availity partners with various organizations, both locally and nationally, to raise awareness, funds and morale as our staff members volunteer their time and funds to engage the organizations campaign.
At the headquarters:
- You like food trucks? We have them almost daily at our office (when we’re back to normal)
- Like food trucks a little too much? We also have an onsite gym with showers.
- We appreciate work/life balance! Need to get a quick break in between meetings? We have Ping Pong, Foosball, Arcade games, and XBox to help you decompress – and we have a massage therapist onsite once a week for a little relaxation too.
- We’ve got you covered with free coffee, lemonade and tea anytime you want.
Why you want to work on this team:
- This person will play a major role in helping transform Availity into a data forward and data focused company.
- You will be part of a team helping protect healthcare transactions positively impacting patients..
Next steps in process:
After you apply, you will receive text/email messaging alerting you to where you are in the recruitment process.
- Recruiter resume review
- Manager resume review
- Recruiter phone screen
- Manager Zoom interview
- Panel Zoom interview
Application Submission Information: