MD+A Health Solutions (www.mdahealth.ca) is a boutique health informatics consulting firm working in Ontario, across Canada, and in the Caribbean since 1998. MD+A’s privacy consulting practice has been active since 2006, primarily in the health care sector. Our consultants are leading experts in health information privacy with a strong reputation for client-centred service based on deep experience in both privacy and the effective delivery of privacy management services and solutions.
MD+A is seeking a new consulting team member who is a privacy subject matter expert -- keeping current on industry activities and emerging technologies affecting privacy in the public and private sector with an emphasis on health.
We are especially interested in candidates with specific expertise in the following areas: privacy and health privacy legislation where relevant, information and access legislation, and health information management. The focus of our practice is Canada but we also work internationally.
In addition to consulting with clients, the successful candidate will contribute to the management and growth of the privacy practice through project management and business development activities. The candidate should have a demonstrated interest and capacity to contribute to the development and growth of the privacy practice in the areas of health, public sector or broader private sector privacy and information management.
The consultant may also be called upon to advance the privacy practice by authoring articles and white papers, presenting to industry groups at conferences and participating in webinars.
- Play a key role in our privacy team for consulting engagements including client relationship and project management. Consulting work will involve conducting assessments and reviews, designing and developing privacy programs and supporting clients to mature their privacy program management in alignment with broader organizational information governance.
- Apply subject matter expertise on privacy legislation and privacy management practices and experience working in health and public sector organizations to conduct assessments and reviews, identify risks, and develop appropriate recommendations to enhance compliance and effective privacy management.
- Contribute to business development and project definition from prospecting to project definition and proposal writing.
- Identify and provide analysis of new and existing consumer privacy, employee privacy, and other relevant data and consumer protection laws. Author articles and white papers on topics relating to data privacy and present topics relating to data privacy management practices at conferences or via webinars.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in a related field preferred (e.g., information science, health informatics, business or public policy administration)
- Minimum 5 years in privacy and/or information management, and 5 years work experience in public sector or health in an information management or IT capacity. Previous consulting or project management experience preferred.
- Professional Certification: CIPP/C desired, or willingness to obtain in first year. Additional CIPP or other complimentary certifications are strongly favored.
- Good working knowledge of major US, Canadian, and EU privacy, access and data protection laws is preferred
- Self-management abilities and leadership are required
- Project management skills including proficiency with MS project and demonstrated experience coordinating projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and customer services skills are a must
- Exceptional communication skills, good facilitator, capable of producing quality documentation, organized. Able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Confidence to speak up and challenge ideas and propose alternatives; desire to constantly seek and offer constructive feedback
- Energy and enthusiasm to be part of a growing organization working in a complex discipline
- Solid public speaking/presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and context-shift; ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
Compensation to be commensurate with experience.
Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by July 28.