Metaverse Law has an exciting opportunity for a data privacy and cybersecurity lawyer. We are looking for a computer-savvy and self-motivated attorney with excellent writing and project management skills who is eager to assist clients large and small at the intersection of law and technology.
We offer an entrepreneurial and flexible work environment. Successful candidates will have the option of working from an office in Industrious Irvine (free breakfast, gourmet coffee, snacks and pumping/break rooms), working remotely or opting for a combination of the two.
Based in the heart of Southern California, Metaverse Law focuses exclusively on data privacy and cybersecurity law. The firm assists startups to multinationals around the world in the high-tech, digital marketing, healthcare and e-commerce industries with their privacy and data security obligations.
- Must be admitted to the California bar;
- Top 50% from a T30 law school;
- Demonstrated interest in data privacy or technology law, through published articles, speaking engagements, leadership positions and/or prior job experience;
- Excellent writing and critical thinking skills;
- Preference for 4+ years of law firm or in-house experience in one or more of the following domains: data privacy, Internet and e-commerce law, incident response, technology transactions, IP litigation or emerging technologies;
- Preference for Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E or CIPP/US) or IT/forensic/security certifications (GCFA, CEH, CISA, etc.); and
- Preference for candidates with project management experience or experience managing junior associates.
Compensation is $120k-$150k depending on experience.
Application Submission Information:
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, law school transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable) and a writing sample to "info at metaverselaw dot com".
Please send all documents in one PDF. Please use the subject line: "Metaverse Law - Data Privacy Lawyer".
Candidates that do not fulfil these submission requirements will not be considered. We are not accepting third party submissions from search firms. Please do not send candidates.