G2 seeks a dedicated Privacy Analyst passionate about data privacy, to ensure compliance with GDPR, CCPA, LGPD, and drive privacy best practices.
Detailed Position Description:
G2 is looking for an organized, and dependable person who is passionate about data privacy. The Privacy Analyst will be instrumental in driving our data privacy efforts, ensuring G2 compliance with global privacy regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, LGPD, and other relevant laws. They will collaborate closely with various internal teams to provide insights, guidance, and oversight related to data privacy best practices. The ideal candidate is excited about joining a fast paced, industry leading company to support privacy. We are looking for a self-motivated professional who will help build out G2’s information security and privacy initiatives. This is a Hybrid position, 1-2 days a week are required to be in-person at our downtown Chicago HQ.
In This Role, You Will:
- Analyze and monitor our services and operations to ensure compliance with GDPR, CCPA, and other global data privacy regulations.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and ongoing management of data protection policies and procedures.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments, risk analyses, and periodic reviews to identify potential areas of vulnerability.
- Collaborate with the training department to develop and deliver data privacy training materials for staff.
- Participate in the investigation and resolution of data privacy incidents, ensuring timely reporting and mitigation.
- Assess and monitor third-party vendors for compliance with data privacy standards.
- Engage with product, engineering, marketing, and other departments to ensure data privacy considerations are integrated into project planning and day-to-day operations.
- Continuously update knowledge on privacy regulations and best practices, ensuring the company remains ahead of potential challenges.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Law, Information Security, Computer Science) or related work experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in a privacy-related role with a focus on GDPR, CCPA, and other global privacy regulations.
- Certification from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) such as CIPP, CIPM, or CIPT is preferred.
- Worked with privacy tools like; Osano, Mine, DataGrail, OneTrust, etc previously.
- Familiarity with SaaS platforms, data processing activities, and the technological implications of data privacy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
Application Submission Information: