Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, a law firm with more than 300 lawyers and other professionals, seeks a highly organized and detail-oriented Paralegal to join the Advertising and Privacy Law practice group. This Paralegal will provide support cross-functional teams within the practice group. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with exceptional communication skills, who can handle multiple priorities against shifting deadlines.
Job Duties Include:
- Assist and support attorneys with updating privacy policies and tracking privacy implementations.
- Assist and support attorneys with updating and tracking privacy and advertising templates.
- Assisting with research on consumer protection and privacy laws, including creating and updating state law surveys.
- Create and maintain various tracking checklists for reoccurring filings, registrations, and other work. File telemarketer or commercial co-venture, sweepstakes, and service contract provider registrations/renewals and communicate with clients regarding the filings.
- Edit legal documents, redline comparison, Table of Authorities (TOAs) and Table of Contents (TOCs) as required.
- Coordinate with the firm’s Litigation & Regulatory Discovery Services team as needed, and support attorneys in regulatory filings, such as in connection with FTC or State AG investigations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years as a paralegal or legal specialist in relevant practice area in a law firm/professional services.
- College degree required.
- Strong research skills with the desire to learn new and evolving areas of law.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with shifting priorities.
- Must have strong MS Office skills and be highly skilled at document editing, writing, and project management.
- Must be able to work independently to manage legal projects and handle multiple tasks while satisfactorily meeting deadlines.
- Must have good judgement, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, a positive attitude, and an interest in learning.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- This position directly interfaces with clients and attorneys. A professional and a service mindset is a must.
- Must maintain good public relations with clients; observe confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Ideal if the candidate has a privacy certification or familiarity with privacy law.
Application Submission Information:
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please use the link below as soon as possible. The exceptional KDW experience is yours to build.
Please use the link below to apply to the job:
- The selected candidate will be subject to a background check as part of the hiring process.
- Kelley Drye and Warren LLP is an equal opportunity employer.