The Department of UHealth Compliance has an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Medical Compliance Specialist 3 (Privacy) to work on the UHealth Campus.
Detailed Position Description:
The Department of UHealth Compliance has an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Medical Compliance Specialist 3 (Privacy) to work on the UHealth Campus. The Medical Compliance Specialist 3 (Privacy) is part of the compliance team and promotes healthcare compliance within UHealth. The incumbent is responsible for conducting research, performing audits, monitoring and investigations, documentation reviews of the UHealth policies, rules and regulations. Additionally, he/she will contribute to the success of the compliance program by strategizing compliance risk assessment, summarizing and documenting compliance related UHealth policies and procedures, while maintain accurate records of division actions and will document communication with members of the medical community, regulatory entities and any others involved in the medical enterprise.
- Working knowledge of functional aspects of Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Oversight of incident triage and communication process for patient privacy monitoring tools.
- Analyze and identify trends related to inappropriate access of the EMR.
- Conduct reviews and/or investigations to determine if there is non-compliance with healthcare privacy laws or policies.
- Conduct walkthroughs of clinical space to review for privacy-related concerns, as needed.
- Assist with any breach/incident response by performing research, conducting analytics, reviewing data/audit trails, and performing analysis.
- Act as a resource for the UHealth community to answer inquiries and requests as they relate to healthcare privacy.
- Work closely with the Compliance Education team to develop security and privacy awareness materials.
- Any other tasks delegated by the UHealth Compliance leadership.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 5 year of relevant experience.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Experience in a technical operational role, preferably with direct experience in incident management.
- Experience responding to information security related incidents.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills relative to clear and concise reporting of events and activities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Knowledge of reporting and analytical tools preferred.
- Strong sense of ethics and personal responsibility - job requires working with confidential data and sensitive business matters.
- Strong customer service skills (both internal and external) required as the position interacts with staff, departmental administrators and their departments.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, team environment.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
- Full time
Application Submission Information:
To apply, click here (Medical Compliance Specialist 3 (myworkdayjobs.com)