As Fiserv continues to rapidly expand its global business, we know that our data and privacy capabilities can provide a competitive advantage. We are seeking an experienced, commercially focused privacy attorney to help drive our innovation and growth initiatives. You will provide strategic data privacy legal advice directly to leaders within our payments businesses as they continually develop and deliver new and innovate payment offerings.
- Serve as subject matter expert and advise on best practices across all aspects of privacy and data protection law and regulation.
- Support growth of new business opportunities by analyzing privacy implications of new data driven products and services.
- Provide proactive guidance on privacy and data security issues to Fiserv businesses and functions.
- Respond to privacy and data protection-related inquiries from across the company and provide actionable advice and legal counsel regarding same.
- Advise on potential impact of global privacy and data security laws and regulations including GLBA, HIPAA, CCPA, GDPR, FCRA, and proposed NIST Privacy Framework.
- Monitor changes in applicable privacy laws and communicate the same to internal clients.
- Draft, develop, and implement privacy policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Draft and negotiate privacy and data protection-related provisions of client and vendor technology contracts.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to cross-functional teams.
- Develop guidelines, training and tools to support accountability and compliance across the organization.
Qualifications for consideration:
- Juris Doctor or LLM from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in the U.S.
- 6+ years’ experience with a substantial focus on privacy and data protection.
- Experience with technology, digital media and/or fintech a plus.
- CIPP certification strongly preferred.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to influence beyond authority in a complex and matrixed organization.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Strong speaking, writing and negotiating skills and good attention to detail.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
You can look forward to working with your colleagues, in-office, three days a week. Two days per week you have the flexibility to work remotely after your initial 90 day in-office for onboarding.
Application Submission Information:
If you would like to be considered for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Please include the title of the role.