The Manager, Privacy will work under the direction of the Sr. Manager, Privacy (Health) to implement and operate the Loblaw Privacy Program within our health-related businesses. The Manager, Privacy is responsible for supporting the execution of day-to-day privacy activities, including: privacy assessments, privacy compliance reviews, delivering training, and promoting privacy practices and standards across the business.
- Serve as a dedicated privacy subject matter expert within the health organization.
- Support the development and implementation of the Privacy Program components (e.g., content development, training, assessments, contract reviews and reporting), within health.
- Identify and manage privacy risks in day-to-day health business operations, including within new and existing projects.
- Gather relevant information from project teams and review, assess, document findings against requirements and create formal reports pertaining to privacy risks and benefits.
- Provide advice, risk assessment, and recommendations regarding privacy controls.
- Support privacy breach management activities (e.g., intake, escalation and investigation).
- Maintain knowledge of health privacy laws, regulatory requirements and industry standards to support organizational adaptation, innovation and compliance.
- Support the Sr. Manager, Privacy by identifying and escalating privacy issues or risks and developing program updates for varying levels of management, as needed.
- Perform research on privacy trends, best practices and changes in healthcare landscape.
- Build positive relationships with peers within our health-related businesses and across the broader organization.
- 3+ years’ of working and management experience in Privacy Risk Management.
- Post-secondary education at either the college or university level.
- Certificate in CIPP required or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working in privacy within a complex healthcare environment.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian health privacy laws and knowledge of international laws and privacy trends.
- Experience with risk management, security, and compliance, including, performing assessment activities around the application of security and privacy controls.
- Experience implementing and operating a privacy program in a large and complex organization.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and cohesively in a team setting.
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational, verbal, facilitation, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment while organizing and managing multiple responsibilities and projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to approach situations and challenges with an action-oriented mindset and act decisively.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Forward thinking with respect to identifying, assessing and prioritizing risk, issues and challenges.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Application Submission Information: