At Mattel, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
We are seeking a Manager of Privacy Compliance. This person will oversee the definition, rollout and execution of the data privacy program to ensure Mattel stays compliant with digital regulations, such as COPPA and ADA. This job will entail facilitating discussions amongst many stakeholders across the organization (e.g. eCommerce, Product Development, Legal, regional and local market teams) to understand existing processes and tools, gaining consensus on the right process for ensuring regulatory compliance, training people, and conducting periodic audits of the different groups.
- Work with digital leadership and stakeholders across multiple parts of the organization to develop a schedule for hitting key compliance dates. Facilitate stakeholders to deliver to the schedule.
- Implement a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) process to assess all websites, mobile apps and IoT products during the design and development phase to ensure ‘privacy by design.’
- Define and document an organization-wide process for compliance. If necessary, work with individual groups to define variations of the process to accommodate unique requirements of each group.
- Facilitate reviews with stakeholders and executives to get sign-off on the processes.
- Conduct training with teams across the organization to roll out the process.
- Lead a Data Privacy Office and Data Governance Committee with representatives from each group in the organization - to monitor and report on progress, resolve issues, and refine the process as necessary.
- Report status to executives and stakeholders.
- Conduct internal audits, and potentially oversee third-party audits to ensure compliance.
- Optimize the process, and help to drive change across the organization.
- 5+ years of work in privacy and/or compliance areas relevant to the position
- 2+ years of experience with digital (website, video game, social and/or mobile app) privacy compliance, as well as related processes and tools.
- 2+ years of experience working in a large, global, matrixed organization.
- Experience with implementing regulatory compliance-related (e.g. – Sarbanes Oxley, PCI, COPPA) processes or systems preferred.
- Experience with IT project management or governance preferred.
- Exceptional communication, facilitation and organizational skills.
- Ability to find ways to improve process and tools to gain efficiencies.
- Test and learn mentality, willingness to learn from mistakes and move forward.
- Ability to effectively participate in multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical training/education required.
- Exposure or experience with Tealium, Ghostery, Navigant, Kryptowire, or other online privacy tools (a plus)
- CIPP/G, CIPT or CIPM (strongly desired);
- CISA, CIA, or CISSP (a plus).
Mattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel’s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl®, Barbie®, Fisher-Price®, Hot Wheels®, Monster High® and Thomas & Friends®, among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Submission Information:
Mattel: Privacy Compliance Manager