Tenneco’s Privacy Office oversees all privacy laws and regulations across Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA), Asia Pacific (APAC), North America (NA), and South America (SA) regions where Tenneco has an operational presence.
The Director, Privacy Compliance, should be an experienced hands-on privacy legal professional that can lead Tenneco’s global privacy compliance program. The person will report to Tenneco’s global Chief Privacy Officer.
This Privacy Compliance Director role is hands on, and the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and directly executing the day-to-day legal and compliance activities. The Director, Privacy Compliance, will assist the Tenneco business units and functional groups to manage global privacy compliance activities. We are looking for a talented and experienced individual with a strong passion for privacy and committed to advancing the core privacy principles while helping to implement our privacy compliance framework.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage enterprise privacy compliance activities covering planning, problem solving, business alignment and communication.
- Monitor global privacy landscape, track changes and map changes to existing privacy controls.
- Manage privacy policies, notices, standards and processes across the enterprise, and drive accountability within the organization.
- Review regulatory requirements across various regions and provide guidance to business leaders to ensure compliance.
- Lead global privacy training and awareness initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to address privacy risk, compliance, and business-enablement opportunities.
- Manage enterprise privacy champion program and engagement strategies.
- Lead major privacy-implementation projects such as implementation of the General Data Protection Regulations, China’s Personal Information Protection Law etc.
- Provide legal reviews and translate regulatory requirements into actionable tasks.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Experience working in multinational organizations.
- Strong presentation skills with experience drafting and reviewing legal agreements.
- Strong knowledge and experience with privacy regulations and frameworks such as General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), Fair Information Practice Principles (FIPPs), China’s Personal Information Protection Law (PIPL), China’s Data Security Law (DSL), China’s Cybersecurity Law (CSL), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), Brazil’s General Data Protection Law (LGPD), APEC Privacy Framework, NIST Privacy Framework, Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, and other international and US-based legislation.
- Strong knowledge of privacy program management and data protection techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for use through different management levels in an organization.
- Experience in developing implementation guidelines and writing process documentation.
- Excellent project management, analytical skills and working knowledge of privacy compliance tools.
- Experience in conducting privacy training and awareness initiatives.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Experience working across a geographically and culturally diverse organization.
- Ability to learn new concepts, laws, regulations and apply them to assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment and achieve demonstrable results.
- J.D. or equivalent from an accredited Law School required.
- Privacy certification such as CIPP, CIPM, CIPT or other privacy compliance certifications required.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in areas such as privacy compliance, regulatory compliance, law, or related field.
- Licensed to practice law in any state desired.
- Advance knowledge and experience in privacy and data protection laws covering areas such as personal data breach, cross-border transfer, data residency, electronic privacy etc.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Hands-on experience managing privacy program and conducting compliance reviews.
Application Submission Information: