The Director of Global Privacy – International is a key member of the Global Privacy Office and is engaged in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the global privacy program across Prudential’s international operations. The individual will support Prudential’s international businesses and will lead strategic privacy projects and provide consultation and strategy around the collection, use, storage and disposal of personal information. This role represents the global oversight function (second line of defense) for the Global Privacy Office.
The Director will report to the Global Chief Privacy Officer. The Global Privacy Office sits within Prudential’s Compliance organization.
- Serves as a member of the Global Privacy Office supporting strategic enhancement of the Global Privacy Framework and the development, execution and oversight of global Privacy compliance strategies and significant initiatives.
- Provides strategic direction and advice to the Chief Compliance Officers for Prudential’s businesses and functions on Privacy compliance strategy and strategic priorities in alignment with the Global Privacy framework and applicable regulations.
- Act as a key educational leader for privacy strategy within applicable jurisdictions.
- Actively participates in external industry groups; follows key trends and latest laws and regulations (in consultation with legal counsel) and makes recommendations to address those trends.
- Evolves the monitoring and testing of global program requirements to support privacy compliance.
- Develops insights and maintains transparency globally on Privacy risk for the international businesses and drives mitigation of high-risk activities.
- Ensures the Prudential international response to Privacy is proactive, risk-based, and ensures the ongoing protection of the brand.
- Provides strategic guidance and support to business and compliance teams to assess, develop and implement enhanced privacy controls and processes to support program implementation, oversight and monitoring.
- Provides input to design of on-going privacy training for Compliance staff and business personnel.
- Develops insights and maintains transparency around privacy risk for the Chief Compliance Officers, Global Chief Privacy Officer and senior management committees on performance of privacy programs/activities in the various international operations.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years of privacy experience. Life insurance and asset management industry and international experience are preferred. The successful candidate may come from another segment of diversified financial services or another control discipline (compliance, legal, regulatory, audit, information security or risk). The successful candidate will bring technical privacy expertise with superior knowledge, skills and experience in regulatory related matters as well as the “intercultural agility” to work within multiple and diverse countries and cultures. The successful candidate will have multi-national experience managing privacy incidents/data breaches. Additional specific requirements include:
- 5-7 years of privacy experience (in compliance, law, or risk).
- Advanced knowledge of international privacy laws and regulations.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple work streams.
- Ability to develop and evolve privacy methodologies.
- People management skills and the ability to influence and lead without authority to produce concrete results.
- Background in the Insurance or Financial Services industries preferred.
- Multi-lingual preferred.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification desired.
Application Submission Information:
Candidates can apply using this link - https://wd5.myworkdaysite.com/recruiting/pru/Careers/job/Newark-NJ-USA/Director--Global-Privacy---International_R-110499-1