We are seeking an experienced Data Protection Officer to lead the LexisNexis Legal & Professional global privacy office.
Detailed Position Description:
We are seeking an experienced Data Protection Officer to lead the LexisNexis Legal & Professional global privacy office. The position reports to the Global Compliance Counsel and is based in Central London.
- Implement global privacy programme, governance and strategy;
- Advise on privacy and data protection compliance globally;
- Define, document, and optimise privacy processes and procedures;
- Track and monitor privacy compliance, including assistance with audits and board reporting;
- Maintain and update internal privacy policies, processes, toolkits and guidance;
- Conduct privacy and data protection impact assessments;
- Support business teams to maintain and update data inventories in the OneTrust platform;
- Assist with researching and responding to individual rights requests, queries and complaints;
- Maintain and update privacy training and awareness programmes;
- Review and update privacy notices and statements.
- CIPP/E or CIPM certification (or equivalent) required;
- Demonstrable prior experience as a Data Protection Officer or similar;
- Strong communication, documentation, organisational and project management skills;
- Practical understanding of European data protection laws, regulations and standards;
- Experience working successfully with stakeholders at all levels in multiple countries and time zones and in all functions; including in Product, Marketing, IT, InfoSec and Legal;
- Thorough understanding of marketing and sales functions, processes, systems and platforms;
- Ability to travel globally as required (ad hoc).
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organisations to make informed decisions and to achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organisations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
Application Submission Information: