The Royal Cayman Islands Police Service is currently seeking to employ a Data Protection/FOI Manager to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Law, 2017, inclusive of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Freedom of Information Law (2018 Revision).
Detailed Position Description
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensure compliance of DPL, FOI and other legislation when developing and implementing policies and procedures for handling personal information, investigating and resolving public complaints when necessary;
- Lead the implementation of a data protection culture among employees, communicating personal data protection policies and providing training support as necessary ensuring the enforcement of a suitable and relevant Data Protection Code of Practice;
- Conduct research and administer surveys to maintain awareness of current trends and best practices with respect to Data Protection, Privacy, emerging issues and case law making recommendations to enhance accountability, transparency and compliance;
- Develop and maintain accurate database records and case files for logging and tracking of information requests;
- Research, write and provide guidance to data controllers providing support to ensure compliance within their scope of responsibilities under the DPL, liaising with key stakeholders as required;
- Participate in the preparation for and execution of disaster control plans through the identification and protection of vital records for the public entity in the context of the requirements established by the National Archive.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The post holder must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Law or Information Management;
- A Master’s Degree in Law or Business Administration would be preferable;
- A good understanding of principles, concepts and international best practice for Records Management and data governance practices with a minimum of four (4) years of experience working directly in protection law field, including an in-depth knowledge of the DPL, GDPR and FOI Law.
Other Essential skills and experience include:
- Strong knowledge of industry leading data quality, data protection management and data governance practices;
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Strong time management, leadership and problem solving skills as the post holder must ensure professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
Preference will be given to suitable Caymanians
Application Submission Information:
Additional details and application form are available at http://www.gov.ky/portal/page/portal/cighome/government/jobs/vacancies?p_id=10429211&p_pagegroupid=1142.