As Data Protection and Privacy Specialist within Medtronic Diabetes EMEA Connectivity and Insight team and Diabetes Legal/Privacy, you will lead key EMEA Diabetes data protection and privacy activities for one of the fastest growing categories in the medical device industry.
Careers that Change Lives
As Data Protection and Privacy Specialist within Medtronic Diabetes EMEA Connectivity and Insight team and Diabetes Legal/Privacy, you will lead key EMEA Diabetes data protection and privacy activities for one of the fastest growing categories in the medical device industry. It is a fast-paced role in a rapidly progressing market and will offer significant opportunities to challenge the status quo.
The Diabetes Group is working with the global community to change the way people manage diabetes. Together, we will transform diabetes care by expanding access, integrating care, and improving outcomes, so people with diabetes can enjoy greater freedom and better health.
The EMEA Connectivity and Insight team within Medtronic Diabetes Marketing and Strategy division optimizes clinical outcomes and enhances the customer experience with new approaches that empower people on our therapies, by combining advanced data and analytics platforms, vital treatment insights and new service offerings.
We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
A Day in the Life
- You will be an integral part of working with cross-functional team from across EMEA regions to assess new and existing products, programs and services.
- You will lead data privacy analysis efforts to ensure compliant value propositions and customer centric strategy.
- You will work closely with the legal, security, IT and privacy functions to design and implement data protection protocols in business activities.
- You will be the spokesperson for privacy within the Diabetes EMEA organization and the spokesperson for Diabetes EMEA within the global privacy organization.
- You will be a liaise with internal and external stakeholders across EMEA to address their questions regarding data protection impact assessments.
- You will shape key elements of commercial strategy, including:
- You will have significant autonomy and strong visibility to leadership, providing a great platform for developing leadership skills and growth within the organization.
- You will work with cross-functional and regional partners in a highly collaborative environment.
- Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Develop and validate privacy protocols and guidelines for EMEA for various activities, including new product EMEA release, product support, customer communications or novel marketing programs;
- Give EMEA subject matter expert review for drafting and negotiating privacy documentation, consents and contracts;
- Interface with strategic external partners such as KOLs and vendors;
- Create and refine messaging and training to strategic stakeholders;
- Work closely with local marketing sales team to understand the market and ensure consistency of privacy messages and policy implementation. Including sporadic customer and field visits across EMEA;
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of the privacy landscape and regulation.
- Travel up to 10%, domestic and international
- Law Degree;
- 7+ years of Privacy experience ;
- Knowledge of and experience supporting business understanding and compliance with EMEA privacy laws;
- Experience supporting a data privacy, security or equivalent function directly or indirectly for a large, regulated and matrixed organization;
- Experience with business operations requirements implementation;
- Knowledge of medical device industry or pharma;
- Strong track record of high achievement against current/past objectives;
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Flexibility: multiple and changing priorities;
- Candid, ethical, patient and customer-focused;
- Outstanding communication/interpersonal skills, a team player able to support cross-functional teams within a complex matrix organisation.
Nice to Have
- Understanding of IT ecosystems and cloud security;
- Product knowledge in the Diabetes device product area;
- Global experience ;
- Proven track record of successful and broad influence management;
- Experience supporting change management projects ;
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in program and project management;
- Experience assessing and defining system specifications preferably in relation to compliance with data protection and privacy regulations;
- Demonstrated advocate for proper data management systems;
- Demonstrated ability to work across many levels of an organization, from VP to non-exempt staff;
- Experience and demonstrated ability to present to a variety of audiences including the ability to explain to layman technical information;
- Familiarity with EU 95/46 and GDPR, Breach Notification laws, ISO and other standards bodies and international standards.
As a global leader in medical technology, services and solutions, Medtronic improves the health and lives of millions of people each year. We believe our deep clinical, therapeutic and economic expertise can help address the complex challenges - such as rising costs, aging populations and the burden of chronic disease - faced by families and healthcare systems today. But no one can do it alone. That’s why we’re committed to partnering in new ways and developing powerful solutions that deliver better patient outcomes.
Founded in 1949 as a medical repair company, we're now among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 85,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries. With our European Operations Center for Distribution and Shared Services in Heerlen, the Bakken Research Center in Maastricht, our manufacturing facility in Kerkrade, and the Medtronic Eindhoven Design Center and Dutch sales office in Eindhoven, Medtronic Netherlands has more than 1,500 employees.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Preferably the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Paris or London. Location is negotiable for the right candidate.
Application Submission Information: