Data Privacy Manager at Cary, North Carolina should have an experience of 6-8 years operating in an internal legal and regulatory compliance framework out of which 4 to 5 years in management of Privacy / Data protection program.
Detailed Position Description:
About HCL’s Global Privacy Office
The Global Privacy Office (GPO) is part of the Risk and Compliance division within HCL. Risk and Compliance is committed to minimizing risk and maximizing performance through our comprehensive approach which enables functions in meeting expectations of our clients and provides transparency to our performance. We drive collaboration through teamwork with multiple stakeholders in various functions, allowing execution and implementation of cutting-edge platforms, tools and technologies that push previously known limits in risk management.
The GPO has responsibility for advising and delivering a global privacy framework that complies with all applicable privacy laws and client contractual obligations. The GPO has implemented a privacy program that sets itself to the highest standard across our geographies and client locations and instilled a culture of privacy at HCL. The program was designed to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and has since evolved to consider the ever-evolving privacy landscape. The program utilizes a principle-based approach and embeds privacy controls and client-specific industry requirements across HCL.
The GPO’s focus has been on building processes and policies to create a robust privacy program. In this endeavor, we need assistance with the ongoing operation of this program and embedding the framework across all areas of the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contract Negotiation: Client-specific support on the negotiation of existent and new contracts with US based customers.
- Managing Client Specific Requirement from data protection standpoint: Work closely with delivery teams of US and ensure client requirements are met.
- External Consultant Management: Ensure consultants provide adequate and effective support.
- Active support to regional DPO: Ensure successful deployment of critical deliverables related to bolstering privacy program.
- Policy Governance: Continuous monitoring of Data Protection materials viz. policies, manuals, procedures and ensure ongoing compliance with privacy laws and regulations.
- Complaint Management: Manage data subject and internal complaints concerning the organization’s privacy policies and procedures in the US.
- Privacy Incident and Data Breach Management: Support the HCL Privacy Incident and Data Breach Management program in partnership with Cyber Security Incident Response Team.
- Data Protection Authority (DPA) Liaison: Assist the regional DPOs to ensure effective liaison with DPAs on matters related inter alia registration and notifications, manage data protection breaches notification et al.
- Minimum overall experience of 6 to 8 years operating in an internal legal and regulatory compliance framework;
- Minimum experience of 4 to 5 years in management of Privacy / Data protection program;
- Proficient with managing core and allied data protection activities like: Data Protection Impact Assessment, data breach management, data mapping, system governance, data loss prevention, policy and procedure drafting et al;
- Exposure to global privacy landscape and specifically requirement of the Americas region (US, Canada, Mexico, and South America) legal and regulatory environment;
- Managing legal and regulatory compliance;
- Any professional qualification of data protection laws in US viz. CIPP/US et al – preferred;
- Experience of managing projects at a global scale in a multi-national corporation – preferred.
Application Submission Information:
Please share applications on below contact details.
Ankita Pandey – email@example.com
Tana Kukreti - TanaK@hcl.com