Founded in 1915, Naspers is a global internet and entertainment group and one of the largest technology investors in the world. Operating in more than 120 countries and markets with long-term growth potential, Naspers builds leading companies that empower people and enrich communities. It runs some of the world’s leading platforms in internet, video entertainment, and media. Naspers companies connect people to each other and the wider world, help people improve their daily lives, and entertain audiences with the best of local and global content. Every day, millions of people use the products and services of companies that Naspers has invested in, acquired or built, including Avito, Brainly, Codecademy, Delivery Hero, eMAG, Flipkart, ibibo, iFood, letgo, Media24, Movile, MultiChoice, OLX, PayU, Showmax, SimilarWeb, Swiggy, Twiggle, and Udemy. Similarly, hundreds of millions of people have made the platforms of its associates Tencent (www.tencent.com; SEHK 00700), Mail.ru (www.corp.mail.ru; LSE: MAIL), and MakeMyTrip Limited (www.makemytrip.com; NASDAQ:MMYT) a part of their daily lives. Naspers is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (NPN.SJ) and has an ADR listing on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: NPSN).
Reporting to the Hong Kong- and airplane-based Global Head of Data Privacy, our Corporate Privacy Counsel will be working from our European headquarters just outside of Amsterdam. We will need you to get stuck into a plethora of diverse projects. You will serve as the privacy leader of our Corporate functions, meaning you’ll ensure that our HR, Finance, Shares Schemes and Vendor operations are compliant with GDPR and other applicable global data protection laws. In addition, you will support targeted M&A deals for assigned segments in our Group. Depending on interest and aptitude, you will be asked to counsel on artificial intelligence applications, sensitive processing operations, and to conduct trainings of engineers, business leaders and individuals who need to understand the human impacts of technology used in business. As you will be based not far from Brussels, we’d also like you to support central public policy team initiatives relating to privacy and data protection.
If you tick the following boxes, we want to hear from you!
- Self-motivated and collaborative privacy professional with expertise in European and international data protection law
- 5+ years experience as a practicing attorney specialized in the data protection field
- Strong communications and presentation skills, fluent in English (and one additional language: Dutch preferred)
- Strong cross-cultural experience, preferably demonstrated through significant work outside home culture or jurisdiction
- Prepared on day 1 to advise on big data applications, including AI, personalization and recommendation engines across multiple jurisdictions
- Available to travel worldwide
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) accreditation(s) from the IAPP
- Experience advising a technical internet/mobile product-driven environment, and/or media and video entertainment a plus
Application Submission Information:
To apply, please send your profile and application to Natalia.Grabia@naspers.com