We are looking for a Corporate Counsel, Privacy to help all Match Group brands in North and South America ensure the highest standard of privacy for our organization and for our users! If you are an expert on privacy laws and regulations and know how to develop, communicate and ensure alignment with both laws and industry best practices when it comes to privacy and emerging technologies—we want to hear from you!
Match Group is a leading provider of dating products available globally. Our portfolio includes Tinder, Match, OkCupid, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, and others, each designed to help singles find a meaningful connection.
This position can be based in our Dallas, Los Angeles (West Hollywood), or New York office.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will participate in the development of Match Group’s privacy strategy to meet changing global privacy requirements
- You will work hand in hand with internal stakeholders to design new features and services in line with applicable privacy laws and best in class privacy controls
- You will communicate and ensure understanding of, and compliance with, applicable privacy laws, regulations and Match Group’s privacy strategy as new products and features are developed
- You will develop, maintain and communicate privacy policies and procedures as part of the ongoing evolution of Match Group’s privacy strategy
- You will draft and negotiate privacy terms as well as provide guidance to the legal team and to business partners
- You will assist with ongoing review and update of internal trainings on legal and regulatory requirements relating to privacy, as well as best practices
We could be a match if:
- You have a JD from a top-tier law school
- You have 2+ years of privacy experience at a top-tier law firm, in an in-house role a plus
- You have exposure to EU GDPR a plus
- Ideally, you have a CIPP certification (not required)
- You have demonstrated ability to quickly grasp business issues, balance risks, exhibit and exercise sound judgment
What’s the team like?:
- Reporting into our Director, Privacy – Americas, you will have the opportunity to serve as a subject matter expert for privacy rules
- On this team, you will work to solve some of the world’s most exciting privacy problems
- Successful individuals on this team can manage multiple projects simultaneously, are autonomous and self-motivated team players, and have excellent project management skills
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness!
We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
- Annual training budget for each employee
- 100% employer match on 401k contributions
- Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
- Matched giving to qualified organizations
- 100% paid Parental Leave
- Happy Hours and Company events (they are all virtual now, but still a ton of fun!)
We value diversity at our company and will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Application Submission Information: