What you need for this position:
- Juris doctorate (with a license to practice in the state of California) preferred, but equivalent education and significant applicable job experience will be considered (if no JD, job title would be reconsidered).
- BS/BA degree in a related field.
- Security, Privacy or Audit Certifications, such as CISSP, CIPP, CISA, CISM strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of practical privacy compliance experience involving personal health information (e.g., conducting privacy assessments, drafting privacy notices and/or external privacy collateral, advising on privacy-by-design, developing internal policies and procedures, etc.) in key global markets
- In-depth knowledge of data protection and privacy laws, such as HIPAA, PIPEDA, US Patriot Act, Breach Notification laws, EU 95/46, GDPR, regional and country specific laws throughout globe, ISO and other standards bodies and international standards.
- Knowledge of, and working experience with, appropriate responses to privacy breach events, including interactions with relevant federal and state authorities.
- Experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating:
- information security and privacy provisions in agreements
- privacy and data transfer or processing agreements
- network access, disaster recovery and other related technology agreements
- Demonstrated privacy, compliance or other form of operational experience translating legal and regulatory requirements into a comprehensive privacy program that utilizes practical processes and practices for global IT systems, services and operations.
- Experience advising clients with heavy direct to consumer contact through multiple channels of communication (phone, email, text, web).
- Understanding of risks facing a global medical device company, such as anti-bribery, anti-corruption, and anti-kickback laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to identify compliance issues and resolve them through both internal and external research.
- Ability to operate independently and develop and implement strategies to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the global legal function.
- High level of integrity supported by sound judgment and ethics.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation styles to interact with diverse audiences, including outside attorneys, senior management and business associates.
- Technical understanding of IT infrastructure, web-based software and mobile Apps and ability to work with IT and engineering teams in applying privacy-by-design principles.
- Familiarity with global import/export and logistics compliance matters.
- Understanding of business and privacy sensitivities of healthcare organizations
- Ability to handle complex matters, across multiple simultaneous initiatives that require discretion, confidentiality and prioritization.
Application Submission Information:
Please apply here.