INQ Consulting Corporation (INQ) is a premier consulting firm specializing in data, focusing on data governance, privacy, cyber readiness, and emerging technologies. We are on a mission to help our clients do great things with data.
INQ is seeking an individual who has privacy experience to support our privacy consulting projects and other operational privacy initiatives. The successful candidate will work on a range of privacy projects that span our service lines in Canada and internationally. This position is ideal for an individual seeking to leverage their experience in privacy and expand or develop their consulting skills.
Description of the Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, inquisitive, and excited about our vision to help our clients innovate responsibly. We are passionate about data, and the right candidate for this role will be too.
You have experience providing privacy advice in various industries, but experience with health information privacy is an asset. You have worked internally as a privacy officer, or you have had experience as a privacy consultant in a reputable consulting firm. You are an excellent writer, researcher, and you think creatively and strategically. Though you may not write computer code, you have enough working knowledge of IT systems to perform privacy impact assessments and have done so in past roles. You can draft compliant and straightforward policies and procedures that meet client needs.
You are organized, motivated, and self-directed. You love to solve problems and find innovative solutions. You like working with others, but you are also comfortable working independently. You are interested in being active in the privacy community and you have already started to develop a presence.
A Privacy Consultant at INQ will thrive in pursuing the following:
- Participating in client engagements through a range of client-facing and support activities, including:
- Strategic planning
- Business analysis
- Developing a range of content for clients, such as strategic plans, needs assessments, privacy impact assessments, reports, stakeholder engagement materials, and privacy and information governance policies and programs
- Applying project management and coordination skills and tools to support team members and clients to deliver client and internal projects effectively.
- Facilitating client meetings and stakeholder engagements.
- Contributing to business development activities, including sector research, preparing proposals and presentations, and participating in industry networking events.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in a related field (e.g., data, science, informatics, business administration or law preferred).
- Demonstrated education and/or work experience in information privacy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of major Canadian privacy and access laws, particularly PHIPA and PIPEDA, and knowledge of EU data protection laws are assets.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and customer services skills, including exceptional communications skills and solid public speaking/presentation skills, are a must.
- Strong written communication skills, including presentation development, are also a must.
- Related certifications such as CPHIMS, CIPP/C/E/US or CIPM would help you stand out.
- Knowledge of GDPR an asset.
INQ Consulting Corporation commits to developing, implementing, and maintaining best practices and strategies to enhance equality, diversity and inclusion. We make this commitment at all stages of the employment life cycle: recruitment, retention and advancement.
Accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under the INQ Consulting Corporation AODA Employment Standard policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you need accommodation, please let us know when you submit your resume.
Application Submission Information:
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: At this time, the position is remote; we are seeking applicants physically located, and eligible to work, in Canada.