This position reports to the Chief Audit and Compliance Officer and is responsible for providing leadership in support of the University-level compliance program. The Compliance Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the University Privacy and Conflict of Interest programs.
Job Description Summary:
This position reports to the Chief Audit and Compliance Officer and is responsible for providing leadership in support of the University-level compliance program. The Compliance Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the University Privacy and Conflict of Interest programs. This position will coordinate with and advise University compliance functions about emerging risks, program structure, and best practices. The Compliance Manager must be able to work with and understand the functions of any University or subsidiary department or activity to review for appropriate controls for the area’s relevant regulations. The Compliance Manager will plan and manage independent workstreams to improve the University’s overall compliance program.
- Lead in developing a culture of compliance, setting an example for transparency, and promoting an environment where speaking up in a professional manner is encouraged.
- Assists the Chief with the preparation and execution of the annual compliance work plan prepared based on risk assessments conducted with senior administration and other key leaders. Performs continual assessments of the risks facing organizations within scope.
- In coordination with colleagues in the General Counsel’s office, assists in development and maintenance of the University’s Privacy program.
- Manages the ongoing conflict of interest process including policy development, survey coordination, management plan creation, and monitoring.
- Performs compliance related investigations when needed and assists in supporting University personnel in areas that are under external review.
- Leads and performs compliance related engagements on the yearly A&C audit plan. Creates or reviews Planning Memos and resulting audit programs to ensure scope is appropriate and objectives are focused. Provides for the testing of internal controls to evaluate their effectiveness. Ensures scheduled and unscheduled reviews are completed timely and the results effectively communicated to affected department management and other interested parties, including senior administration. Monitors the results of the reviews and follow-up reviews to monitor the successful implementation of corrective action plans to address identified issues.
- Cultivates strong relationships with Campus compliance owners in areas such as Title IX, Athletics, Financial Aid, Global Studies. Organizes and sets the agenda for the University Compliance Council to ensure active communication and training is occurring across compliance functions.
- Develops, coordinates, and monitors University-wide compliance training.
- Provides leadership in addressing University issues that are identified through scheduled audits, investigations, regulatory changes, or internal / external parties. Researches the relevant laws / regulations and assess the identified concern through the collection and interpretation of data. Develops, in coordination with other University leaders, methods to address emerging compliance concerns.
- Ability to multi-task to manage concurrent compliance workstreams.
- Deep understanding of University regulatory environment.
- Strong leadership ability to train and motivate others.
- Skilled in interpersonal relations and able to influence at all levels.
- Ability to work with management.
- Excellent communication, including verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Extensive working knowledge of compliance frameworks.
- Proven ability to act as a leader, team player and facilitate groups.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A Master’s in Business, Law, or other compliance related area is preferred. Should have a minimum of five years of related experience in a complex university or health system environment.
Application Submission Information: