By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide array of contracts including services, consulting, licensing, non-disclosure, and other commercial, financial services and technology related agreements
- Efficiently manage risk and ensure business and compliance needs are accurately reflected in all agreements.
- Coordinate with business partners from other departments (e.g., Compliance, Business Development, Finance) in contract reviews related to their areas of expertise.
- Work as part of the Legal team and cross-functionally with other teams on a variety of commercial matters
- Provide support for financial regulatory registration/licensure processes
- Miscellaneous legal projects that arise
More About You
You are an experienced technology transactions or financial services lawyer who offers pragmatic, business-minded support and expertise to internal teams. You understand risk and are comfortable managing reasonable risk. You influence the entire organization with the work you do. You have an innovative approach to practicing law. If you have experience in regulated financial services industry that is a plus.
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Be admitted to one state bar or qualified to practice law in at least one European country
- Have 4-6 years of experience in technology transactions, including at least 2 years in a top law firm.
- Have experience structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial, licensing and financial services agreements, including other technology related agreements, credit lines, banking and custody agreements.
- Have experience with AML regulations and compliance.
- Be comfortable handling privacy and data protection topics in the commercial contract context with particular experience with European privacy law.
- Convey complex legal principles succinctly and effectively, explaining risks where the application of the law to the underlying technology and related products is unclear.
- Have a collaborative style with the ability to work independently
- Have the ability to handle competing priorities in a dynamic, evolving and fluid environment.
- Be a self-starter with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Have sound and practical business judgment
- Have strong interest in or basic knowledge in blockchain technology and cryptocurrency.
Application Submission Information:
What to Send:
A resume and a few paragraphs describing your interest in and particular fitness for the role.