You will be working on a whole range of privacy and data protection matters, including compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation, international data transfers, data security breaches, direct marketing and ePrivacy. You will be advising international clients on data protection issues both on EU level and under national French law.
In addition, you may also be required to assist clients on general technology-related matters, such as e-commerce and outsourcing agreements.
You will be working closely with colleagues in our London and Silicon Valley offices. Most of the work will be carried out in English.
Ideally, you are either already based in Brussels, or willing to relocate here.
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- French Master's degree in privacy lawand/or technology and/or commercial law;
- Certified lawyer in France (C.A.P.A.);
- LLM from an English-speaking university and/or significant work experience in an English speaking environment;
- 2-4 years' experience working in an international law firm or in an in-house privacy and/or legal function;
- Bilingual (French - English);
- Strong interest in technology;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- You are thorough, attentive to detail and able to summarize complex legal issues in plain language;
- You are proactive, pragmatic, and have a good sense of autonomy.
You will be joining a top-ranking international privacy and technology practice. We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and highly stimulating environment. Wealso offer fascinating work and training, as well as the human and material support necessary for the development of your experience. You also benefit from an attractive payment and from diverse benefits.
Application Submission Information:
If you wish to apply, please send your resume and covering letter by e-mail to Brusselsrecruitment@fieldfisher.com