The Privacy Program Manager is a meaningful part of Workday’s Privacy team who will play a critical role in meeting Workday’s privacy obligations.
Detailed Position Description:
The position is focused on supporting all aspects of Workday’s privacy program. The position will focus on supporting privacy operations for teams working on product improvements and new products, performing privacy reviews of new products, and assisting in developing internal and external policy, processes and procedures.
- Perform privacy reviews working with product development teams to support Workday’s privacy-by-design approach for new product features.
- Process and respond to external and internal privacy-related queries and user rights requests.
- Track and report privacy-related queries and metrics.
- Develop and deliver privacy training and awareness materials and presentations.
- Assist with privacy-related Mergers & Acquisitions integration projects.
- Facilitate Workday’s customer outreach efforts by supporting the development of privacy-related publications.
- Support internal practices and policies to support Workday's privacy initiatives, including communicating privacy objectives to internal stakeholders and coordinating with global privacy team members.
- Assist in providing strategic privacy advice across the business with a focus on innovative approaches to compliance.
- BA or BS degree.
- 3-5 years of experience in data privacy.
- A passion for privacy, compliance, and security.
- Experience with and curiosity about global privacy regulations and standards, such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- Able to quickly synthesize and determine the impact of proposed privacy standards and regulations on product and processes.
- Familiar with Cloud Computing and Software as a Service.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong curiosity about technology.
- Skilled at explaining complex topics and gaining support and consensus with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Organized, responsive, and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- CIPP or other relevant certifications a plus.
Application Submission Information: