Facebook seeks a highly motivated and experienced team player for a senior role on Facebook’s Global Privacy team. The role is a great opportunity for any candidate who is eager to tackle some of today’s toughest and important legal challenges in this dynamic industry. The successful candidate will be joining a growing international legal team and working on issues in a vibrant, fast-paced environment.
The role will focus on collaborating with internal partners across the organization (e.g., Policy, Product, Regulatory, Legal, Engineering, and other business teams) and across continents (Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa) to identify and mitigate legal risk across our family of products in response to new privacy regulations and other legal obligations. The ideal candidate will have strong experience advising on data protection compliance issues, managing complex privacy projects, good judgment, a strong work ethic, and a keen interest in learning about new technologies and areas of the law. The role can be located in either London, Dublin or Hamburg.
Facebook welcomes applications from the widest range of individuals eligible to apply and particularly encourages applications from those who would increase the diversity of the company.
- Work with cross-functional partners (Legal and non-Legal) and on cross-functional projects to identify new legal requirements, obligations and best practices introduced by specific regulations and regulatory trends to define and scope local or global solutions and safeguards
- Drive and manage large-scale data protection initiatives across the organization related to the protection of the personal data of users, employees, non-employees and other third parties
- Coordinate with public policy and communications colleagues on external communication, policy development, and enforcement decisions
- Contribute to and provide data protection training and awareness programs, particularly those focusing on new legislation and privacy trends
- Monitor and respond to developments in data protection and information security (e.g., new laws, regulations, important judgements, regulatory guidance)
- Qualified to practice law in at least one EU jurisdiction
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant post-qualification legal experience (e.g., law firm, in-house counsel)
- Experience in scoping and managing projects that involve the assessment and rationalization of multi-jurisdictional data protection issues, particularly those that involve emerging topics in technology
- Experience in scoping and implementing a comprehensive privacy program
- Excellent executive functioning and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative, collaborative, and self-motivated
Application Submission Information:
Apply via the Facebook Careers website using the following link: https://www.facebook.com/careers/v2/jobs/251321229658497/