The Associate Director, US Privacy is responsible for assisting in the development of Sanofi’s US Privacy and Global Privacy programs.
Detailed Position Description:
The Associate Director, US Privacy is responsible for assisting in the development of Sanofi’s US Privacy and Global Privacy programs, including operationalizing privacy compliance based upon the requirements of HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, TCPA, and CAN-SPAM, among other laws and regulations. This position is also responsible for monitoring compliance with privacy laws and Sanofi’s policies/procedures, the review of privacy risk assessments for new projects and initiatives, as well as the investigation and remediation of data incidents. The Associate Director, US Privacy will work collaboratively with Sanofi’s global network of privacy professionals and cross-functionally with other Sanofi functions, including Legal, Compliance, Information Technology, HR, and R&D, to continue to build and mature Sanofi’s privacy program.
- Responsible for operationalizing a comprehensive US privacy program that develops, maintains, and implements policies and procedures, enabling consistent, effective privacy practices which minimize risk and ensure the protection of personal information. Ensures privacy forms, policies, standards, and procedures are up-to-date and compliant.
- Responsible for operationalizing privacy compliance in a manner that enables the robust protection for personal information of Sanofi patients, consumers, employees, healthcare professionals, and others, which is vital to the success and reputation of trust of Sanofi.
- Works collaboratively with Sanofi’s network of privacy professionals and other Sanofi functions to build and operationalize privacy compliance, including facilitating the development of data inventories/registries in compliance with applicable privacy law requirements.
- Coordinates with Global Privacy Office on implementation of global initiatives and cross-jurisdictional privacy matters, including the review of privacy-related risk assessments for new projects and initiatives.
- Assists in raising awareness regarding US privacy and global privacy, including by organizing awareness events and training.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws, and monitors relevant developments to ensure Sanofi remains in compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of combined legal, compliance, or privacy experience, with at least two (2) years of healthcare privacy experience and project management preferred.
- Substantial knowledge and practical understanding of state and federal privacy laws, including HIPAA, CCPA, TCPA, and CAN-SPAM. Experience with global privacy laws, including GDPR, preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational, project management, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skills in verbal communication and listening.
- Demonstrated skills in providing excellent service to customers.
- Excellent writing skills.
- A high level of integrity and trust.
- Experience with healthcare privacy laws and regulations.
Additional Desired Experience:
- Advanced degree preferred (e.g., Juris Doctorate, Master's, or related degree).
- Experience investigating and remediating privacy incidents in compliance with applicable law.
- Privacy certifications, such as the IAPP’s Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US), Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS), and/or other healthcare industry related credentials. Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving to achieve goals.
- Healthcare legal, operational, project management, and/or financial experience.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Application Submission Information: