The Associate Director, Data Privacy assists PPD's Executive Director, Global privacy in ensuring company operations collect, use and disclose personal information in compliance with laws on confidentiality and data protection, with particular focus on North America.
Detailed Position Description:
The Associate Director, Data Privacy assists PPD's Executive Director, Global privacy in ensuring company operations collect, use and disclose personal information in compliance with laws on confidentiality and data protection, with particular focus on North America. The successful candidate will:
- Assist in eliminating key legal and regulatory privacy exposures, managing key projects and working with relevant business and support units.
- Analyze privacy issues as they arise, and provide expert advice to business and support units as required, particularly for new studies, services and systems.
- Handle complex privacy issues, interacting with senior management as necessary.
- Monitor privacy environment for new legal and regulatory developments that may impact the organization.
- Manage staff, which may include interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, coaching and mentoring, employee counseling, and separations. Approves courses of action on salary administration, hiring, corrective action, and terminations. Reviews and approves time records, expense reports, requests for leave, and overtime.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification.
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 10+ years).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad audience including medical, legal and highly specialized technical individuals
- Excellent ability to assimilate, analyze, report and advise on complex issues
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral), creative and pragmatic problem solving
- skills, project management skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work with ambiguity and complexity
- Demonstrated executive presence and good presentation skills
- Strategic ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Deep understanding about domestic and international privacy laws including (but not limited to) the HIPAA, CCPA and other USE federal and state data protection and privacy laws.
- Directs through lower management levels and / or highly skilled specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independent judgment. Often heads one or more departments or a large centralized staff function. In some instances may be responsible for a functional area (as determined by executive management) and not have subordinate supervisors or employees. May manage employees across multiple regions.
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require some travel (under 20%)
Application Submission Information:
Please email resume to Nicol.Augustine@ppdi.com