Privacy Bar Section Advisory Board Roles and Expectations
The IAPP Privacy Bar Section Advisory Board is comprised of legal-focused privacy professionals who will actively participate in developing programming and content for the Privacy Bar Section. Members will provide guidance and strategic input, and serve as a leader in the promotion of the Privacy Bar Section and all of its programs and activities.
The board is led by IAPP Research Director and DPO Rita Heimes. The group meets four times a year via teleconference.
Privacy Bar Section Advisory Board Expectations
Privacy Bar Board members are expected to serve on one or more subcommittees attending to such matters as:
- Programming of section events
- Programming and delivery of section web conference
- Privacy Law Specialist applications
- Law school outreach
- Opportunities for professional growth through networking and educational opportunities
All Privacy Bar Board members are required to:
- Serve a two- year term
- Attend and actively contribute to all meetings
- Be ambassadors for legal professionals in the field of privacy
Board members are balanced, to the extent possible, by: experience level, years in profession, industry sector, geographic location and area of expertise. Considerations for selection include:
- Current IAPP membership in good standing (maintained throughout term)
- Existing or past leadership roles within the IAPP
- CIPP, CIPM or CIPT certification is an advantage
- Receive two continuing privacy education (CPE) credits per year
How to Apply
2019 openings are available on this board. Submit your application here. Please apply to only one advisory board.