Health and safety
IAPP Canada Privacy Symposium 2023 health and safety protocols
The IAPP prioritizes the safety and well-being of event attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, staff and the community around us. Currently there are no health and safety requirements for attendance. However, we will continue to monitor and communicate developments as needed.
What to expect from IAPP Canada Privacy Symposium 2023?
- A clean venue.
- Respect for personal space.
We ask that you please stay home if:
- You are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, sore throat, chills, cough, shortness of breath, congestion, nausea or vomiting.
- You have been in close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days.
- You have been directed to self-isolate or quarantine by a health care provider or public health official. Please follow any relevant travel guidelines, including from the Province of Ontario.
- You are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
Please monitor your health throughout the conference and stay away if you begin to feel sick. Please contact us if you have questions.
Province of Ontario’s guidance
The Province of Ontario has a checklist of standard protocols to follow while traveling to help prevent the spread of disease:
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- Wear a mask.
- Practice physical distancing.
- Use caution in closed spaces and crowded places.
- Practice hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects.
- Follow all travel related measures.
Before you travel, please monitor and familiarize yourself with health recommendations set forth by the Providence of Ontario and the Westin Harbour Castle Toronto Hotel, as regulations are continually subject to change.
Air travel questions?
Your airline is the best source for personal safety protocols at the gate and on the airplane. Be sure to visit your airline website the week you are traveling and sign up for notifications related to your trip.
The Marriott International’s family of brands has implemented a multi-pronged approach to meet the health and safety requirements of their “Commitment to Clean” standards. Read their full list of safety protocols. Visit The Westin Harbour Castle Toronto Hotel website for the health and safety protocols for guest rooms, housekeeping, public areas, food and beverage, and amenities like fitness centers.