Health and Safety
The IAPP will continue to monitor and communicate COVID-19 developments and follow recommendations regarding masks, social distancing, vaccination requirements and sanitation as set forth by Washington, D.C., as these regulations are continually subject to change. For up-to-date information regarding citywide guidelines and recommendations, please click here. By attending the IAPP Global Privacy Summit you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree to abide by established protocols and guidelines communicated by the IAPP.
What to expect at Summit 2022
- Clean venues, in accordance with Marriott International’s Commitment to Clean standards and Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
- Respect for personal space.
- Widespread availability of hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
- Frequent cleaning between sessions and throughout high traffic areas.
- Food and beverage catered to reduce touch points.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has a checklist of standard protocols to follow while traveling to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus:
- Clean your hands often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wear a face covering in public.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- When you travel, please follow the standard protocols that have been implemented to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Before you travel, please monitor and familiarize yourself with COVID-19 recommendations set forth by Washington, D.C., the Marriott Marquis Washington DC and the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, as regulations are continually subject to change.
Air Travel Questions?
Your airline is the best source for personal safety protocols at the gate and on the airplane. Be sure to visit your airline website the week you are traveling and sign up for notifications related to your trip. The Dulles International Airport and Reagan National Airport websites have COVID-19 information pages which are updated with information about current protocols and what travelers should expect when arriving and departing from Washington, D.C.
The Marriott International’s family of brands has implemented a multi-pronged approach to meet the health and safety requirements of their “Commitment to Clean” standards. Read their full list of safety protocols. Visit the Marriott Marquis Washington DC’s website for the health and safety protocols for guest rooms, housekeeping, public areas, food and beverage, and amenities like fitness centers.
Please contact us if you have questions.