New CPE Policy coming in Spring 2018. Learn more.
As most privacy professionals are aware, changes in the privacy landscape occur at a rapid pace. In order to stay current, the IAPP annually updates the contents of its certification exams to include new topics, laws and regulations that our board members have identified as being particularly important for candidates to know.
As of January 1, 2018, an updated exam form that includes new content for the following exam is available:
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Canada (CIPP/C)
The updated version of this exam has:
- 85 questions.
- A time limit of 2.5 hours.
- A new domain added to the BOK; this includes content that was previously listed under a different domain.
In addition, questions may appear which cover new topics addressed in the BOK:
- Digital Privacy Act’s update to PIPEDA
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
- Health information privacy updates
- Health Information Organisations
- Genetic Testing
An updated version of the CIPP/C Body of Knowledge and Exam Blueprint, can be viewed here.