Daniel Villanueva Plasencia is a senior associate in the Information Technology and Communications Practice Group in Baker & McKenzie's Guadalajara office and head of the Privacy and Data Protection practice in Mexico. Besides data privacy, he has extensive experience in intellectual and industrial property, with deals including trademarks, patents, copyrights, international trade marking, franchise agreements, confidentiality agreements, disputes over domains names and other disputes in this area, both in Mexico and abroad.
Mr. Villanueva has experience in intellectual and industrial property, information technology, data privacy, trademark portfolio management, patents, copyright litigation.
Representative clients, cases or matters:
- Regularly advises companies in connection with privacy impact assestments and site operator liability issues, before a major technology product or service is released.
- Faculty member at Tecnologico de Monterrey Campus Guadalajara, Intellectual Property 2015, Bussines Law 2016.
- Asociacion Mexicana para la Proteccion a la Propiedad Intelectual (AMPPI).
Bachelor of Law (2008)
- Bachelor of Law Degree, Universidad Panamericana (with honors).
- LLM (Master in Law) 2009, Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Specialzation in Global Law and Information Technology, 2009, Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts.
Spanish (mother language), English (fluent), French (basic).