The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) is looking for a Marketing Copywriter to join its Marketing team.
The Marketing Copywriter works with the Senior Creative Services Manager, as well as colleagues from throughout the organization, to develop creative concepts and content, plus write and proofread marketing communications and scripts to spread word about the IAPP, drive response to its products and services, and ensure consistency with the IAPP’s brand standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working from messaging strategy documents, teams with designers to develop and execute concepts for product and marketing initiatives.
- Write and/or proofread copy for sales enablement materials - direct-response email, direct mail, website updates, video scripts, digital ads, social media posts and other content.
- Works with clients and colleagues to identify business objectives and ensure creative solutions are on strategy, plus understand the purpose, goals and measures of success for assigned programs and campaigns.
- Write copy quickly and accurately to meet goals and metrics, ensuring it is SEO-optimized.
- Understands IAPP’s style and voice and maintains tight quality control over all pieces created.
- Maintains product knowledge and understands needs of various business units.
- Ensure communications are vetted through appropriate approval and review process and successfully incorporates changes and suggestions from reviewers.
- Maintains knowledge of industry and marketing communications trends and incorporates new ideas into company's processes and procedures.
- Develops and nurtures relationships with marketing team colleagues—design, marketing managers, operations, research and SEO/SEM—operating as a positive agent for improving internal communications and workflow.
- Additional duties as assigned
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, plus 3-5 years of marketing copywriter experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Direct response marketing experience preferred.
- Ability to write persuasively in a variety of mediums, including video.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
About the IAPP
The International Association of Privacy Professionals is the largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community and resource. Founded in 2000, the IAPP is a not-for-profit organization that helps define, support and improve the privacy profession. More information about the IAPP is available at iapp.org.
What We Offer
Working at the IAPP is an opportunity like no other. In addition to a competitive compensation package, including base salary, bonus and a full range of benefits, the IAPP offers a creative, supportive and flexible environment. Other perks include casual dress, a dog-friendly office, summer hours, and sabbaticals after seven years of service. We work in a “get-stuff-done” culture that values fun, excellence, balance, communication, respect, personal and professional growth, and an entrepreneurial attitude. In 2016, we were named toBusiness NH Magazine’s Hall of Fame for “Best Small Companies to Work for in NH.”
Want to be part of our dynamic and rapidly growing organization? Apply online at our website: iapp.org/careers.