- Restaurant chain Nando's agreed to a $1.787 million settlement based on current and former employees' claims of Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act violations, the Chicago Tribune reports.
- Also in Illinois, Reuters reports a 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals moved a BIPA claim against Dakkota Integrated Systems to federal court after previously being remanded to a state court.
- The U.S. District Court Judge Nancy Rosenstengel in the Southern District of Illinois denied Apple's motion to dismiss a BIPA suit of its own, MediaPost reports.
- MediaPost also reports U.S. District Court Judge William Alsup in the Northern District of California granted preliminary approval to Facebook's settlement of a class-action suit over a 2018 data security lapse that exposed the data of 30 million users to hackers.
- The U.S. District Court of New Hampshire ruled in favor of protecting internal whistleblower complaints about potential violations of the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, National Law Review reports.
If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.