The IAPP has taken the precautionary step in response to COVID-19 by having employees work virtually in order to prioritize everyone’s health and safety. To the greatest extent possible, it is business as usual at the IAPP. Operations will continue on a remote basis — we recognize that the work of privacy is ongoing, and we’re here for you.
I wanted to provide some reminders and updates that I hope will address concerns you may have:
- IAPP trainings are available virtually. We encourage you to view our self-paced online and instructor-led live online offerings here. Digital books are available for each training in our store. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
- We are working with KnowledgeNet Chairs around the globe to deliver your local chapter meetings virtually as a temporary solution. In some cities, we may still be able to offer in-person meetings. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are numerous ways to fulfill your certification continuing education requirements virtually; check out the Privacy Advisor Podcast, attend a web conference or read one of our white papers. Those are only a few ways to earn your CPEs, a full list is available here.
The IAPP is diligently working to develop and deliver more virtual offerings as we recognize your jobs and responsibilities have not stopped. We hope to have updates for you soon. If you missed our conference updates, I’ve included those below my signature.
We are grateful for your continued understanding during this unprecedented time and appreciate your patience. Most importantly, we hope you stay safe and healthy.
J. Trevor Hughes
- The IAPP Data Protection Intensive: UK 2020 was postponed. We appreciate your patience as we explore our options for a rescheduled event. Our FAQ page is available here.
- We announced last week that the IAPP’s Global Privacy Summit has been canceled. More information is available here. Please note, the IAPP is exploring a rich menu of options, virtual and — environment permitting — in person, to replace the invaluable educational, training and networking opportunities that you missed at the Summit.
- As of today, IAPP Canada Privacy Symposium, scheduled for May 21-22 is proceeding as planned. We are monitoring COVID-19 closely and should anything change, we will assess, address and respond as needed.
Photo by Anna Auza on Unsplash
If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.