- Clearview AI faces complaints from privacy advocates in France, Austria, Italy, Greece and the U.K. over allegations it illegally uses personal data, Forbes reports.
- Investors and activists are calling for an investigation into alleged racial bias in Amazon’s facial recognition and surveillance products and are also seeking assurances the products do not violate privacy, civil or human rights, VentureBeat reports.
- The City Council in Detroit, Michigan, approved an ordinance that implements a transparency process for use of surveillance technology, The Detroit News reports.
- A legislative proposal in Maine would limit the use of facial recognition technology by police to only the most serious crimes, including murder, Government Technology reports.
- A proposed ordinance in Baltimore, Maryland, would ban private citizens, law enforcement and other agencies from using facial recognition technology, SecurityInfoWatch.com reports.
If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.