Content Updates for IAPP Training Products
Between major releases of the IAPP’s training products, content updates and corrections will be listed below. Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
library_booksTextbooksEuropean Data Protection: Law and Practice
- Chapter 13: Supervision and Enforcement
laptopOnline TrainingsFundamentals of Information Privacy:
- Safe Harbor has been found invalid by the European Court of Justice and replaced with Privacy Shield.
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was adopted in 2016 and will replace the Data Protection Directive when it comes into force in 2018.
- Find comprehensive information on EU Data Protection Reform in the IAPP’s Resource Center.
- The Australian National Privacy Principles (NPPs) were replaced by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in March of 2014. More information on the APPs can be found here.
Privacy in Technology
- Slide 21: Unit 1A Review Questions/Discussion
- Question 3 should read, “data processor,” not “data processot.”
- Slide 119: The second item in the diagram that reads “Sender encrypts the data with the recipient’s public key” should read, “Sender encrypts the data with the sender’s public key.”
These topics were added to the CIPT Body of Knowledge in 2017. Related articles and some additional detail on each topic are listed below
- Common IT frameworks
- COBIT, ITIL, etc.
- Challenges presented by new regulations such as the GDPR
- Recent security incidents and enforcement actions
- Advances in authentication techniques
- Multi-factor authentication techniques (e.g., LaunchKey)
- Domain-Based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (DMARC)
- Blockchain spreading rapidly in the first half of 2017
- Developments in cryptographic protocols (TLS 1.3)
- The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.3 (Internet Engineering Task Force)
- TLS 1.3 upgrade already advisable
- Concerns involving recent technologies (GPS tracking, drones, the Internet of Things)
- GPS tracking by apps when not in use (e.g., Uber tracking customer movements post-ride)
- Beacons, smart cars, etc.
- New online threats such as ransomware