US Federal and State Privacy Watch
Log in now for access to this member-only content.
Since the passing of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, industry, Congress and the White House have all taken steps toward the creation of a U.S. federal privacy law. What this law will look like — and when and if it will happen — are still very much in question, but day-by-day it’s looking more likely that a federal law is in the United States’ future. While the wait is on for a federal privacy law, many states have taken matters into their own hands and are in the process of or have already passed state data protection laws.
The IAPP has been keeping track of the goings-on regarding a federal privacy law and individual state privacy legislation, and we’ve collected our news and resources here for our members. Bookmark this page to make sure you don’t miss any developments.
IAPP members get access to tons of great benefits:
- News. You’re busy. We make it easy to stay on top of the headlines.
- Networking. It’s all about who you know. Targeted online and in-person channels give you access to the people you want to meet.
- Resources. Our Resource Center is a one-stop-shop for practical tools and information to help you tackle your biggest challenges.
- Discounts. Get member-only rates on education products and programs, including study materials for our globally recognized certification programs and annual events.
- Freebies. You’ll get access to free web conferences, networking chapter meetings, research and so much more.