Log in now for access to this member-only content.
The U.S. government collects data on individuals and then makes decisions based on that data. However, because of the role government plays in citizens’ lives, government agencies have a unique responsibility to protect the privacy and ensure the accuracy of the data they hold on individuals. For these reasons, there are laws specific to public-sector data handling practices.
This topic page collects resources, news, tools and guidance related to the U.S. government and privacy.
IAPP members get access to tons of great benefits:
- News. You’re busy. We make it easy to stay on top of the headlines.
- Networking. It’s all about who you know. Targeted online and in-person channels give you access to the people you want to meet.
- Resources. Our Resource Center is a one-stop-shop for practical tools and information to help you tackle your biggest challenges.
- Discounts. Get member-only rates on education products and programs, including study materials for our globally recognized certification programs and annual events.
- Freebies. You’ll get access to free web conferences, networking chapter meetings, research and so much more.